Title: Conference Services Assistant
Duty Station: Madrid, Spain
Start date: As soon as possible
Programme: Conference Services
Duration: Up to 12 months, depending on availability of funds
Contractual Status: Service Contract Deadline for Applications: 30 April 2018 (deadline extended)
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) is the United Nations agency responsible for the promotion of responsible, sustainable and universally accessible tourism.
UNWTO is currently looking for a Conference Services Assistant for its Conference Services Programme. The Conference Services Programme is responsible for providing translation, interpretation, terminology, drafting guidelines and other language support services to the Secretariat; organizing the meetings of the General Assembly, the Executive Council and related events and activities; managing General Assembly and Executive Council documentation; and providing conference support services to the other Programmes of the Secretariat.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Chief, Conference Services, the Service Contract holder will perform the following duties:
1. Formats, in draft and final form, official documents of varying complexity in accordance with UNWTO standards, in at least 3 of the 5 official languages of the Organization, the UNWTO official languages being Arabic, English, French, Russian and Spanish;
2. Cross-checks official documents, ensuring that final documents are complete and that all changes marked in draft versions have been incorporated; proofreads documents of varying natures;
3. Pre-processes for translation texts based on recycled documents, including locating reference documents and quotes; processes translation requests, when necessary;
4. Handles correspondence and drafts e-mails, letters and notes as may be required; delivers mass mailings;
5. Assists in documentation and archival processes, mainly for documents of the General Assembly and the Executive Council meetings;
6. Maintains the terminology database;
7. Assists in online registration and follow-up;
8. Updates the Conference Services intranet and internet pages;
9. Provides general assistance and administrative support to the Programme;
10. Performs other duties as required.
Eligible document. DOWNLOAD
Application Procedure Interested applicants are requested to complete the Online UNWTO Personal History Form.
Please note that UNWTO will only accept applications received through our web-based system. Applications sent by other means (e.g., post, e-mail, etc.) or received after the deadline indicated above, will not be taken into consideration. Remuneration and Other conditions The monthly remuneration of the selected candidate would be in the base range of EUR 1,300 to EUR 1,500 depending on previous professional experience, skills and competencies. The Service Contract holder will be affiliated to the UNWTO health insurance plan (co-shared scheme in conformity with the Organization’s procedures).
This type of recruitment is local.
- Candidates who do not receive any feedback within three months of the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
- Short-listed candidates may be asked to take a competitive exam as part of the final phase of the selection process. These candidates will be contacted directly for this purpose.
- There is no guarantee either that the initial contract will be renewed or that a career appointment within UNWTO will subsequently be offered.