Deadline: 31 July 2018
Dates: October 29 – November 18, 2018
Venue: Tbilisi, Georgia
This will be the second year of our fellowship program. You can read what our alumni think about the program here: http://bit.ly/ForFellows and have a look at the visualizations they created during the fellowship: https://www.pinterest.com/ForSetGeorgia/forsets-fellows-visualizations/
ForSet is located in Tbilisi, Georgia and is a socially-driven creative enterprise specializing in data communications using design and technology. We do storytelling, advocacy campaigns, educational programs, community building, and open-source tools. ForSet has an experienced team with diverse skills that creates innovative products in Georgia and internationally.
You can apply for a data communication fellowship at ForSet, if you satisfy the following:
– reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
– are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism
– have demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications
– are fluent in written and spoken English
– will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi from October 29 – November 18, 2018
– will be available to spend another 3 weeks in Tbilisi in March 2019 (exact dates to be determined)
– are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (meetups, webinars, conference calls)
– are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting
– have no political party or religious organization affiliation
The program will cover the fellow’s travel costs to and from Tbilisi in addition to providing each fellow a stipend to cover accommodation and other living costs in Tbilisi. Please note, that fellows are expected to pay for their travel insurance.
The deadline for receiving applications is July 31.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by August 6 and required to fill out a capacity assessment form and submit a data communication fellowship project plan by August 12. The selection process will also include interviews with the project team, August 16-22.