Deadline: 5 th November 2018
Dates: April 23 – May 31, 2019
Open to citizens: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) and YSEALI PFP are sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’, Professional Fellows Division and administered by American Councils for International Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
To participate in the Professional Fellows Program you must be:
- 25-35 years old;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Georgia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Moldova, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey, Russia, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- Speak fluent English to work full-time in a US worksite;
- Interested in participating in a reciprocal program for Americans coming to your country.
- Have at least two years relevant work experience and be currently employed;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
- Be a professional fit for the PFP theme that your country participates in
- Legislative – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Turkey, Ukraine
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Belarus, Russia
- Economic Empowerment – Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
WHO IS A PROFESSIONAL FELLOW?
Fellows come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
- Government offices – including local government, regional development agencies, national policy offices, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy
- The business world – Members who are active in developing corporate social responsibility or efforts to mentor under represented populations in business and other similar themes could be eligible.
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship organizations
- NGOs – including those increasing the role marginalized populations in the economy and workforce, building financial literacy and supporting other important efforts around economic empowerment
- Universities – incubators, accelerators, university-based centers or programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, tourism or economic development
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM BENEFIT ME? WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Each finalist of the program will:
- Work in a full-time fellowship placement in a US worksite dealing with issues relating to his or her work at home. While there fellows will gain first-hand knowledge about US organizations and institutions and build networks and relationships with US counterparts.
- Participate in a fully-funded program with comprehensive on program support. Travel and living arrangements will be covered as well as emergency health insurance, and visa fees on program.
- Become part of prestigious networks -including YSEALI (for Southeast Asian participants only) and PFP. Alumni will gain access to tremendous resources and an international network of like-minded professionals spanning the globe.
Allow Emails from AIS Forms
All email you receive from this website will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your address book/approved senders list to help prevent messages from being blocked as spam or junk mail. This is particularly important for university (“.edu”), AOL, K12, and Yahoo email users. Each of these email systems often blocks legitimate messages from reaching you.
For information about PFP, please visit http://professionalfellows.americancouncils.org.